Dog Behavior Consulting
Having a dog with behavioral issues can be a lot of things. It can be challenging, embarrassing, isolating and frustrating…the good news is I can help! My initial behavior consulting can be done in the comfort of your home or online if you prefer!
What does a Behavioral Consult look like?
We ask the whole family is home and able to participate.
- Consultations typically take 60 minutes as they involve collecting historical information, observing the pet(s) if appropriate, providing you with basic management and safety guidelines. All session are done via Zoom.
- Furthermore, we provide an outline of what treatment for these behaviors is likely to include for future appointments.
- All of our behavior modification plans are rooted in modern science-based protocols, which use positive reinforcement training along with management strategies to setup the whole family, four-legged and two-legged, for success.
- Also please understand I do prefer a team approach, when appropriate. I may recommend a veterinary visit.
Some of the behaviors I can help with include:
- Aggression to other dogs
- House soiling
- Destructive behaviors
- Resource guarding
- Separation issues
- Lack of impulse control
If you have an issue I do not work with, I have a fantastic network of trainers I would be happy to make to put you in contact with.
- Our initial behavior consulting is $157.33.
- Follow up sessions price depends on goals and number of sessions recommended.
Please note: the quantity of follow up individual training sessions recommended will likely vary from pet to pet based on the complexity of the behavior concerns, goals set, and the rate of which progress is being made.
Lastly, behavior change does take time and effort on behalf of the whole family. Please make sure are able to commit the necessary time each day to work with your dog on our behavior modification plan.
To learn more about the Code of Ethics we follow with behavioral cases, please visit: https://iaabc.org/about/ethic