Did you know dog training is an unregulated service industry? This means anyone regardless of training, can call themselves a dog trainer. This is one of the reasons I have put in the work to be able to offer quality science based training and behavior consulting. I also do continuing education credits each year to stay on top of the latest research and methodologies proven to provide the best outcomes, when applied correctly.
More about me below:
- Karen Pryor Dog Trainer Professional Graduate
- Class instructor at our local kennel club ( Sioux Empire Kennel Club) I have been helping train dogs in Sioux Falls, since 2015, helping with puppy class, fundamentals and nose-work!
- Certified Therapy Dog Handler with TDI
- Search and Rescue K9 Handler- I have certified with Tracking, Area, Cadaver and Article Search. (I currently own one Trailing dog and a Certified Cadaver dog ).
- Volunteer with the Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue doing Home elevations, Dog behavior elevator & Foster home
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Elevator and trick dog tester
- Member of the Pet Professional Guild- committed to Fear Free and Fun training methods!
- Member of The International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants- Dog Division
- My degree is in Psychology, where I truly enjoy all classes in Behavior Modification
- Spencer Group Approved Trainer