About Tenacious Dog Training
My mission is simple: To positively impact our client’s lives one dog at a time.
Did you just add a puppy to the family? Need help with basic manners or have a serious behavioral concern? I can help! I specialize in puppy raising, manners, therapy dog preparation and behavioral consulting. Your dog is part of your family – learn why working with a qualified, educated and credentialed dog training and behavior specialist is the best choice for you and your pet.
- I am a graduate of the esteemed Karen Pryor Dog Trainer Professional Program.
- I am an Accredited Dog Trainer through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.
- My commitment to effective training and behavior consulting is shown through my membership with professional associations in my field:
- the Pet Professionals Guild
- the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants Dog division
- I have my bachelor’s degree in psychology where my passion for observing behavior and influencing it in a positive way was formed.
community involvement matters
Because my clients choose to partner with me I am able to give back to our community in the following ways:
- I volunteer with Therapy Dogs International with my certified dog Gracie.
- Current search and rescue handler with my Certified Cadaver dog Rebel and Trailing Dog Ruger with Dakota Search and Rescue in Sioux Falls.
- I’m a Spencer Group Approved Trainer, a non-profit organization that provides support for rescue groups through offering training and behavior services.
- Volunteer with the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society and the Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue.
Dog Training methods matter
I believe training should be FUN for both ends of the leash! I do this through positive reinforcement training. If you want to learn how to train your dog with methods, which are rooted in science, than you are in the right place! We specialize in clicker training to learn more about this exciting way to communicate with your dog click above!
Please visit the official position statement, on these training methods, from the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.
If you train with us you’ll be part of the Tenacious Dog Training family! Tenacious dog training isn’t just about training humans on how to train their dogs, it is about developing the Sioux Falls dog community of passionate, kind people who want to learn and have fun while building trust-based relationships with their canine companions! We’re a team here, and you’ll be part of something bigger!